|Safety Inspection Performed Together by Ordering Organization, Constructor and Subcontractor||2017.11.02|
|Author : KOSHA||The attached file(1)|
□ KOSHA conducted safety inspections at 27 locations throughout the nation on the 258th safety inspection day.
○ The safety inspection day* is a movement for safety culture in order to prevent accidents by encouraging autonomous safety inspections by the members of workplaces as well as homes.
* The inspection is performed on the 4th day of every April after it first started on April 4, 1996 following massive incidents such as the Collapse of Seongsudaegyo Bridge.
◈ Central Safety Inspection on the 285th Safety Inspection Day
- Time & Location: 14:00 on September 4, 2017 (Mon)
- Attended by: Jeong-yeol Yang, Regional Director of Ulsan Branch, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Ho-seong Lee, Vice President for Trianing and Safety Culture of KOSHA, and officials from S-oil and Daewoo E&C
○ The central safety inspection conducted at the expansion site for S-oil facilities located in Ulsan was attended by the Regional Director of Ulsan Branch, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Director of Safety Training Culture at KOSHA, and officials from S-oil and Daewoo E&C.
○ Especially at this safety inspection, S-oil, the ordering company, Daewoo E&C, the constructor, and subcontractors all came together to attend the inspection in order to strengthen the responsibilities for the constructor and ordering company, one of the preventive measures for significant industrial accidents recently announced.
○ Through this safety inspection, the ordering company examined risk factors by each construction phase and compliances with occupational safety and health measures by the constructor, and the constructor sought out cooperative measures for prevention of industrial accidents with all members at the site by sharing risk issues from the design and work environment-related information with subcontractors.
○ Concurrently, intensive inspection was performed upon safety management of cranes at facility expansion and repair sites and compliance of safety regulations during steel frame works in addition to preventive measures for massive incidents at chemical factories.
□ Ho-seong Lee, Vice President for Training and Safety Culture of KOSHA, said, "Whether ordering companies or subcontractors, everyone shares the same responsibilities when discovering risks and making improvements."
○ "From this inspection on, I hope that safety culture spreads further and firmly settles down in order for every involved party to prosper together," he added.
On the 258th safety inspection day, a safety inspection was conducted at the new construction and expansion work sites of S-oil located in Ulsan while it was attended by the Regional Director of Ulsan Branch, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Vice President for Training and Safety Culture at KOSHA, and officials from S-oil and Daewoo E&C, the ordering company and constructor respectively.