Outstanding Workplace Where Workers Are Happy
Six Outstanding Workplaces with Health Promotion Activities for Workers in 2017
Showing Diverse Health Promotion Activities Accommodating Working Environment and Workers' Characteristics
□ KOSHA selected and announced 6 outstanding workplaces with health promotion activities for workers in 2017.
* What are health promotion activities for workers? They represent activities designed to maintain workers' health at the highest level, consisting of activities for prevention of brain/cardiovascular diseases, management of work-related stress, prevention of work-related musculoskeletal system disorders and improvement of daily routine at the organizational level.
◈ 6 Outstanding Workplaces with Health Promotion Activities for Workers in 2017
① Uijeongbu St. Mary’s Hospital, the Catholic Education Foundation ② Incheon Frozen Food, CJ CheilJedang ③ Yangsan Factory, Lotte Confectionary ④ Asan Plant, Hyundai Motor Company ⑤ Construction Phase 2 of Songdo Convensia, POSCO E&C ⑥ Woryeong SK OceanVIEW Site, SK E&C
○ Outstanding Workplaces with Health Promotion Activities for Workers are selected based on assessments of health management system at the workplace, organizational culture and operation of programs through document screening and on-site visits by experts from the labor, management and politics sectors.
○ The workplaces selected this year are constantly exercising company-wide health promotion activities under the consideration of working environments and workers' characteristics.
○ Workplaces selected will be given a recognition plaque as well as benefits of suspended supervision concerning health examination and promotion and recommendation for government prizes during the effective period of 3 years.
<Summaries of Outstanding Workplaces with Health Promotion Activities>
- Uijeongbu St. Mary’s Hospital, the Catholic Education Foundation has successfully reduced factors for emotional labors compared to the previous period by preparing a responsive manual on abusive language, physical violence and sexual harassment/molestation from superiors or colleagues and conducting surveys on emotional labor and requirements.
- Incheon Frozen Food, CJ CheilJedang implemented health programs, such as individual consultation on the outcome of health examination based on 5-year examination results of the workers in conjunction with the National Health Insurance Service.
- Yangsan Factory, Lotte Confectionary accomplished to lower the ratio of risk groups for brain/cardiovascular diseases from 8.6% in 2015 to 6.3% in 2016 by making additional purchases of test supplies, such as automatic blood pressure gauge, cholesterol analyzer and InBody.
- Asan Plant, Hyundai Motor Company has successfully kept reducing the number of employees with work-related diseases from 13 in 2014, to 8 in 2015, and 5 in 2016 through rehabilitation therapies and tailored exercise treatments by establishing a preventive committee for musculoskeletal system disorder with an equal number of members from the management and labor union.
- Regarding Construction Phase 2 of Songdo Convensia, POSCO E&C and Woryeong SK OceanVIEW Site, SK E&C, both adopted programs to manage underlying diseases and improve lifestyle for newly-hired employees (on-site workers), common characteristics of construction sites, as well as health promotion programs for employees of subcontractors and daily workers.
□ Young-Soon Lee, the President of KOSHA, said, "Organizational health promotion activities must be secured to ensure health management and improvement for individual workers, and they are also very much effective not only for reduction of work-related diseases but also from the perspective of cost-benefits."
○ He also emphasized, "It is very important to assure continuous operation of health promotion programs in order to secure safe workplaces where workers are healthy."